- Thu, Mar 04Town Hall Hotel - Cactus Bar (rooftop)Join us to celebrate the launch of Kavita Bedford's debut novel, 'Friends & Dark Shapes.' It is a novel of love and loss, of constancy and change. Most of all, it is about looking for connection in an estranged world. Kavita will appear in conversation with acclaimed author Bri Lee.
- Mon, Mar 08Zoom - See your ticket email for the linkJoin us on International Womens Day to celebrate Josephine Taylor's debut novel, 'Eye of a Rook.' Set in 1860s London and contemporary Perth this novel explores the treatment of the female body. Josephine will appear in conversation with Australian prose-poet, critic and scholar Cassandra Atherton.
- Thu, Mar 11Zoom - See your ticket email for the linkFrom award-winning author Sarah Krasnostein comes an exploration of the power of belief. 'The Believer' weaves together the stories of six extraordinary ordinary people. It's about ghosts and gods and flying saucers and certainty in the absence of knowledge.
- Mon, Mar 15Newtown Anglican Church - Main HallThe dazzling promise of stem-cell medicine: does it work and will it save us? Join us as Professor John Rasko, a leading physician-scientist takes us on a wild historical tour of this scandal-prone field. Professor Rasko will appear in conversation with Robyn Williams.
- Mon, Mar 22Newtown Neighbourhood CentreCandid and surprising, 'Raising Them' is an inspiration to parents and to anyone open to understanding the limitless possibilities of being yourself. Join us as Kyl Myers discusses venturing off on a parenting path less traveled - of not being beholden to the boy-girl binary.
- Thu, Mar 25Town Hall Hotel - Cactus Bar (rooftop)Join us to celebrate the launch of award-winning novelist and performance artist Fiona McGregor's latest book 'Buried Not Dead' - a collection of essays on art, literature and performance, sexuality, activism and the life of the city.
- Thu, Apr 15Better Read Than Dead - upstairsJoin us in store as one of Australia's bestselling authors, Todd Alexander, shares his hilarious new take on country life. Following on from the best-selling 'Thirty Thousand Bottles of Wine and a Pig Called Helga' this new book recounts the highs and lows of Todd & Jeff's tree change adventure.